Backup server question

mroselinux at eastgranby.k12.ct.us mroselinux at eastgranby.k12.ct.us
Thu Apr 21 14:54:38 UTC 2005

We have a FC3 server running samba, dhcpd, and named (for internal names
only).  Each night, a backup server to the primary runs rsync to download
changed/new files.

This is a vacation week at our high school and I tried our backup plan for
the first time since upgrading to FC3.  When bringing up the backup server
as primary, I ran into a security problem with dhcpd (dhcpd: Can't open
lease database /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases: Permission denied).  I issued a
setforce 0 command and restarted dhcpd and all was ok.  I then again
stopped dhcpd, issued a setenforce 1 command, restarted dhcpd and again
all was ok.

So, should I be running fixfiles each night at the end of the rsync
script?  Or is there a better solution that someone with expertise can
suggest?

Mark Orenstein
East Granby, CT School System