Limiting IPC with SELinux?

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Mon Apr 25 12:38:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 14:58 -0400, James Morris wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Steve Brueckner wrote:
>
> > return ephemeral ports.  Or is there a chance of re-visiting the idea of
> > getting labeled networking into the kernel?
>
> Work is being done on labeled networking via IPsec, see Trent Jaeger's
> paper at http://www.selinux-symposium.org/2005/agenda.php

True, but I don't think this will help much in this particular case, as
the original poster wants to control information flow via loopback and
you aren't likely to be using IPSEC on such traffic.  In the absence of
a sk_buff security field and associated hooks for lifecycle management,
I think that we'd have to go with something like the iptables MARK
module, ala LIDS.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at tycho.nsa.gov>