Re: nagios_log_t missing

Farkas Levente wrote:

hi,
there is a nagios_log_t and used in nagios.fc but never defined (missing). so when we try to apply it we got these errors:
# chcon -R -t nagios_log_t /var/log/nagios
chcon: failed to change context of /var/log/nagios to system_u:object_r:nagios_log_t: Invalid argument
chcon: failed to change context of /var/log/nagios/rw to system_u:object_r:nagios_log_t: Invalid argument
chcon: failed to change context of /var/log/nagios/archives to system_u:object_r:nagios_log_t: Invalid argument
chcon: failed to change context of /var/log/nagios/.bash_history to user_u:object_r:nagios_log_t: Invalid argument
how can i fix it?
dan could you create updated rpms which fix it in ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/RHEL4/ ?:-)
yours.

nagios policy is not used in RHEL4. It should run unconfined_t. We are only supporting the subset of network daemons in targeted policy.

Using strict or other policies in RHEL4 requires a separate support contract, professional services engagement.

Dan