Rawhide update gone awry

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue Apr 26 19:20:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 15:07 -0400, Steve Brueckner wrote:
> I then did a touch /.autorelabel; reboot, then after rebooting a make
> reload.  I'm using the targeted policy in permissive mode (things freeze up
> when I setenforce 1).  Policy version is 19.
>
> I get a lot of avc denied messages on boot; enough to make me think I did
> something wrong with my policy update or kernel update.

It looks like a number of the avc denied messages are just noise;
normally hidden by enforcing mode (because an earlier denial that has a
dontaudit rule would have prevented the program from attempting the
later access that you see being denied).  Only ones that I saw that
looked worrisome were the dhcpc attempt to run restorecon and the hald
attempt to update fstab without transitioning into updfstab_t.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at tycho.nsa.gov>