Re: Is there a SELinux tutorial for ISVs ?

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 19:32 +0200, Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro
wrote:
> I've been thinking on it when working on the SELinux deployment within
> Ubuntu Linux, and binary policies are something pretty handy for binary
> packages-based distributions, among the general benefit they provide.
>
> I might be able to work on something, but I would like to know first how
> many people is interested in this and how many of them would be able to
> contribute to it in the long term.

Tresys Technology already has a working implementation of binary policy
modules, including a module abstraction with a dependency model, a
compiler for generating such modules, and a linker for linking them
together with a "base module".  Planned for upstreaming after FC4.  See
their prior posts to the selinux list or their web site for info.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds tycho nsa gov>
National Security Agency