Re: Is there a SELinux tutorial for ISVs ?

El jue, 28-04-2005 a las 11:54 -0400, Daniel J Walsh escribió:
> The problem is the only way to do this is to install policy sources and
> muck around.    I think we to have some shared library mechanism
> where a few well known macros could be defined and users could easily
> build their own custom policy.
>
> Anyways I think we need more discussion on handling third party and user
> customization of policy outside of the current make tree stuff.

I've been thinking on it when working on the SELinux deployment within
Ubuntu Linux, and binary policies are something pretty handy for binary
packages-based distributions, among the general benefit they provide.

I might be able to work on something, but I would like to know first how
many people is interested in this and how many of them would be able to
contribute to it in the long term.

The idea I thought about is something like the one shown in the diagram
at
http://pearls.tuxedo-es.org/selinux/diagrams/selinux-binary-policies-1.png

Cheers,
--
Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <lorenzo gnu org>
[1024D/6F2B2DEC] & [2048g/9AE91A22][http://tuxedo-es.org]