httpd conect to database

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Aug 3 18:24:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 13:42 -0400, John Griffiths wrote:
> I currently run a forum using phpBB with postgresql as the database. It
> is currently hosted on SuSE 9.2.
>
> I would like to move from SuSE to FC4 and I want to keep the SELinux
> protections. If I have SELinux enforcing in targeted, phpBB cannot
> connect to the database. If SELinux is in permissive, phpBB can connect
> to the database.
>
> I am a newbie to SELinux and have no idea how to write my own rules and
> the learning curve seems a bit steep. I will get there, but any help
> would be appreciated solving this.

You might find the FC3 SELinux Apache FAQ useful. Most of it is still
useful in FC4, and it's what introduced me to tweaking SELinux policy.

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/sn-debugging-and-customizing.html

The document's examples assume you're using the strict policy rather
than targeted, so watch out for that, but other than that there's
probably enough there to get you sorted.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>