Questions about /net and /proc

James Z. Li james.zheng.li at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:22:15 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have several root shell scripts which need create directories
under /net or /proc. They are running well under Fedora Core 2.
After I upgrate to FC4 with targeted SELinux policy, those
scripts are not running under either enforcing or permissive mode.
Error messages like Unable to create directories under /net or /proc.
I used "ls -Z" to check security contexts for /net and /proc,
they both have empty security labels.
As a root (root:system_r:unconfined_t), I cannot manually create
anything under those two directories.

What should I do in order to make /net and /proc writtable?

Thanks,

James