Questions about /net and /proc

James Z. Li james.zheng.li at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 21:25:27 UTC 2005

In the shell script, namely redhat-install.sh
REDHAT_AREA=/net/redhat;
SERVER=abc.foo.edu;
if [ ! -d ${REDHAT_AREA}/bin ]; then
    mkdir -p ${REDHAT_AREA}/bin;
fi
echo "Copying some files from server"
scp -r ${SERVER}:${REDHAT_AREA}/bin/ ${REDHAT_AREA}

I labeled the redhat-install.sh script as file_t and shell_exec_t,
but they both did not work. There is no security context for /net
and /net is empty on my machine, so when I run this script, the
error messages are:
mkdir: cannot create directory `/net/redhat': Permission denied
Copying some files from server
/net/redhat: Permission denied

There is no AVC messages in either /var/log/messages or
/var/log/audit/audit.log. There are these lines in /var/log/messages:
Aug 15 16:51:17 ko automount[3254]: >> /usr/sbin/showmount: can't get
address for redhat
Aug 15 16:51:17 ko automount[3254]: lookup(program): lookup for redhat failed
Aug 15 16:51:17 ko automount[3254]: failed to mount /net/redhat

Thanks a lot,

James