Adding two new booleans to httpd to tighten it's security.

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 11:02:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 03:58:14PM -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> Currently policy allows httpd to connect to relay ports and to
> mysql/postgres ports.
>
> Adding these booleans
>    * httpd_can_network_relay
>    * httpd_can_network_connect_db
>
> And turning this feature off by default.  This is going into tonights
> reference policy and into FC4 test release.

Do you mean FC4 or FC5?  This should not go in an FC4 update
off-by-default since it will break working setups.  Make it
on-by-default if you want to ship this to FC4 users and off-by-default
with a big release note for FC5.

What's the difference between httpd_can_network_relay and
httpd_can_network_connect?

Do we still have the problem that httpd cannot reap idle children
properly when the latter is set?  That really really does need to work
by default.

joe