Request Tracker 3

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Feb 1 15:22:16 UTC 2005

Well, the web interface is working just fine, but there's a problem with
the auto-replies etc. that RT emails when it receives a new email.

I sent a test email to RT, and the ticket was created okay.  However,
selinux kicked in and denied RT to send an auto-reply.  Here are the
errors:

avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=2851 exe=/usr/bin/perl name=postfix
dev=dm-5 ino=34833 scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_sys_script_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_spool_t tclass=dir

avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=2851 exe=/usr/bin/perl name=postfix
dev=dm-5 ino=34833 scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_sys_script_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_spool_t tclass=dir

avc:  denied  { setrlimit } for  pid=2856 exe=/usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t tcontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t
tclass=process

RT: <rt-3.2.2-2321-11280-39.0.453193598451378 at systemsaligned.com>Could
not send mail. (/var/www/rt/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:276)

So, it looks to me like selinux won't let perl use postfix.

I get the feeling that not many people are using RT with selinux turned
on in FC3 (there just aren't any posts about this to the RT mailing
list).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ranbir