Request Tracker 3

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Feb 2 16:43:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-02 at 18:58 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hmmm.  Surely the SendEmail.pm perl module doesn't scribble on the
> postfix queue directly; I don't think that's supported.

Jesse Vincent, one of the developers (actually, he started the whole
thing), replied.  Here's his message:

---start---
No. RT generally opens /usr/sbin/sendmail (or whateveryou've configured)
and pipes the message to it, just like you'd do with

cat "/tmp/msgfile" |/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t
---end---

Makes sense, especially considering the options passed to sendmail.  I
should have realized that.

Regards,

Ranbir
--