Request Tracker 3

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Feb 3 04:59:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 12:42 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> For the time being you might want to
> change the
> turn httpd transitioning off.
>
> setsebool -P httpd_disable_trans 1

I gave that a shot, but it doesn't work.  A denial is still reported:

avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=6904 exe=/usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
name=postfix dev=dm-5 ino=34833 scontext=root:system_r:system_mail_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:mail_spool_t tclass=dir

BTW, the error reported in /var/log/maillog is this:

postfix/sendmail[6904]: fatal: chdir /var/spool/postfix: Permission
denied

Email is making it's way into RT because tickets are being created.
It's just the auto replies from RT that aren't making it out.
Basically, RT is not being allowed to SEND email.

Since I'm still running tests on RT (just upgraded), I'm going to set
SElinux to permissive mode.  I'm sure I'm going to run into other
problems with selinux.

Regards,

Ranbir

--