Fedora Core 2: initrd failed to mount ext3 root fs.

KokHow Teh KokHow.Teh at marconi.com
Mon Feb 7 05:03:21 UTC 2005

Hi list;
      I just installed Fedora Core 2 last 2 days. The binaries work fine
from the installation CDs that I have no problem installing the full system
and booting up the machine i686 P4. However, when I build the kernel from
the source with the default configuration for arch/i386, booting up the
machine failed due to initrd failing to mount the ext3 root file system. It
failed when linuxrc trying to mount the root fs with pivot_root(). Please
advise. Thanks.

Regards,
TEH