Newbie to fedora/linux

Stephen Valenti kva64770 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 11 07:28:57 UTC 2005

Hi,
    I was wondering if anybody could help.Im a real newbie at
linux and dont know much about it.I installed fedora core 3 with
\windows xp sp2.and am currently trying to get my speedtouch
adsl 530 modem to work but everytime I try create a folder to install
too it tells me "I cant create the folder I dont own the computer"
or something like that.I tried to find administration tools within fedora
but couldnt what am I doing wrong or do i need to re-install fedora

Steve