Head-banging targets, please

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 16:52:21 UTC 2005

>However, the kernel audit framework will instead dispatch
>the audit messages to an audit daemon if one is present;

This is good to know. I am working on the audit daemon and noticed that avc
messages usually wind up in syslog *even if* the audit daemon is running. I see
"real" audit messages going to /var/log/audit.log and scrolling dbus avc messages
in /var/log/messages both at the same time.

Not sure how the kernel decides where to send each of these...but they do go to
different places on my machine.

-Steve Grubb