/etc/init.d/ script

Bogdan Agica bagica at bitdefender.com
Wed Jan 5 15:03:44 UTC 2005

Hi again, everybody.

I'm making quite a progress in developing the policy source for
BitDefender, and I want to thank the list again for the tips given so
far.

I'm still running into this weird problem with the /etc/init.d/bd
script. This, in essence, is a very common start/stop script, but with
some functions like stats and info. These functions are trying to read
data from directories labeled bitdefender_etc_t and bitdefender_lib_t.

The problem is: should I want the script to do what it's supposed to do
I have to either:
1. Relabel the script from initrd_exec_t to something else,
in which case I'll run into problems starting / stopping the programs.
2. Give read access to initrd_t in bitdefender_etc_t and _lib_t,
which I think is a stupid workaround, providing read access to all
scripts in /etc/init.d to this dir.

I know, the best idea would to leave the /etc/init.d/ script for
starting and stopping the program, and to provide all the other
functionality via other means, but that is not feasible in the short
term.

Is there any way to "inherit" a type (C++like inheritance), e.g. to
create a type (say bitdefender_initrc_exec_t), which inherits all the
attributes of it's successor, but adds new functionality? (Would be a
nice idea if there isn't yet)

TIA,
--
Bogdan Agica