SELinux on CentOS 3.4?

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Tue Jan 18 13:51:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 11:10, Justin Conover wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to install SELinux on CentOS?
>
> I thought Dan Walsh used to have a rhel 3.0 script that would add a
> yum.repo and install the packages, but I don't see it.
>
> ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/
>
> Could I simply grab/rebuild the srpms and install those on to it or
> would that be a dep nightmare.
>
> ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/srpms/

IIRC, Dan stopped maintaining the RHEL3 packages a while back, during
FC2 development.  Likely a dependency nightmare at this point.  You
would also need to migrate to a 2.6 kernel or alternatively try the 2.4
back port of SELinux (no longer maintained by us, but some people on the
outside are trying to update it and maintain it).  Easier to just move
to FC3 or RHEL4 beta at this point...

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>