1105 fails to boot....

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 16:36:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:38:15 -0800, Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Running strict/enforcing, latest rawhide:
>
> After installing latest packages, relabeling /etc, /bin, /lib, ....
> and rebooting, the system produces lots of udev type errors
> (cannot remove /dev/.udev_tdb/classSTUFF) and hangs
> on 'adding hardware'
>
> Boots (with messages) in permissive mode.
>

> I'll probe a bit, but any help is welcome!

OK. Doing the obvious (i.e. adding all of the following) fixes the problem:
allow dmesg_t kernel_t:fd use;
allow dmesg_t root_t:file read;
allow hostname_t root_t:file read;
allow kudzu_t kernel_t:fd use;
allow kudzu_t root_t:file read;
allow restorecon_t default_context_t:file read;
allow restorecon_t root_t:file read;
allow udev_t root_t:file read;

Adding 'root_t' to { kudzu_t restorecon_t udev_t } a problem?

tom

--
Tom London