Help with domain transitions

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jan 27 07:38:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:25:50 EST, David Hampton said:

> type_transition initrc_t exim_exec_t:process exim_t;

> policy file was loaded.  However, when I run exim it still always ends
> up in the unconfined_t domain.  It doesn't matter if I use 'service exim
> restart', 'run_init service exim restart', or start exim by hand.

That type_transition is only going to do anything interesting if you're
already in initrc_t - if you're starting off in unconfined_t, it won't
do much.

Most likely, the 'make fixfiles' relabelled something so that your next
attempt at starting exim happened in some domain that could actually
reach exim_t.  But it's 2:30AM, and I have no idea what specifically
got relabelled to explain it....