getting nfsd to export /mnt/whatever and /l/x

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 19:48:59 UTC 2005

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>On Jan 27, 2005, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>So I have some filesystems in /mnt/whatever, /l/x, /l/y/z that are
>>exported over nfs.  FC3 used to be able to export them fine, but in
>>yesterday's rawhide tree, mountd fails to stat the exported mount
>>points, so everything falls apart.  bug 118946 seems to imply this
>>should be fixed, but it doesn't work for me.
>>

>Nevermind, I was missing nfs_export_all_r[ow].  Should these perhaps
>be enabled by default, for backward compatibility?

They should be turned on in a fresh install  this is the booleans file
currently in targeted

File Edit Options Buffers Tools Help
allow_kerberos=1
allow_ypbind=1
ftpd_is_daemon=1
ftp_home_dir=1
httpd_enable_cgi=1
httpd_enable_homedirs=1
httpd_ssi_exec=1
httpd_tty_comm=0
httpd_unified=1
named_write_master_zones=0
read_default_t=1
nfs_export_all_ro=1
nfs_export_all_rw=1
stunnel_is_daemon=0
use_nfs_home_dirs=0

They are turned off by default on strict.