NSA motives

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:36:45 UTC 2005

On 7/5/05, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

> As a matter of fact, some of us (myself included) *don't* trust our government
> to keep our best interests in mind.  On the other hand, I'm not worried about
> the NSA sneaking in backdoors when the *real* problem is things like the Patriot
> Act and standardized driver's licenses.....

I don't see the big deal about standardized driver licenses, but as
for the Patriot Act, if you think it's a bad thing, you're in the
minority.  51% of Americans feel it's a good thing. They re-elected
George W. Bush 2004 in a Patriot Act America, and they re-elected
their representives in Congress that passed the legislation in the
first place.  We live in a very conservative America now and that
America wants laws like the Patriot Act on the books.  It's nothing to
do with some nefarious gov't conspiracy to make your life miserable.
Remember, it's not the government you need to worry about "trusting to
keep your best interests in mind" it's your fellow voter.

Regardless, I think this "tin foil hat" pontificating about the NSA
putting backdoor holes in SELinux hysterical.  I have a hard time
believing there are people that suspect this is what's going on.  I'm
sure the guys involved in coding that backdoor are the ones that
helped stage the moon landings, also.

Of course, all the NSA guys are laughing at the snow job they've
pulled over on me, as well.

--
Chris

"With the way things are starting to go in this country, if forced to
choose between being caught with a van full of pirated DVDs or heroin
you'd actually have to pause and think about it." -- Michael Bell,
drunkenblog.com