Java apps can't use network

Igor Wawrzyniak Igor.Wawrzyniak at shenick.com
Thu Jul 21 13:05:56 UTC 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 13:19, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> Did you try it multiple times... are you sure there's a correlation
> between enforcing status and app working/not working?

I did. Every time I reboot with selinux disabled, it works, everytime it's
enabled - it doesn't.

I also tried the app with the newest JRE from Sun - and it works even in
enforcing mode. The deeper I dig into it, the stranger it gets.

 Looks like the bug is only triggered by a very specific software combination,
probably it would be hard to reproduce for anyone else.  How can I got more
information? Any way to look into kernel internals?

Igor Wawrzyniak