audit update breaks hwclock

Bobby Kashani bobk at ocf.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 28 18:36:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 05:26 -0700, Steve G wrote:
> >After updating audit today I get an error after udev is started that
> >says that it can't connot to the audit system.
>
> Are you sure that you didn't update util-linux, too? I did submit a patch to
> util-linux to make hwclock log its actions as this is required by CAPP. I guess
> that got pushed out.

I get the same error and my clock is whacked too.

util-linux-2.12p-9.7
audit-0.9.19-2.FC4
audit-libs-0.9.19-2.FC4

type=SELINUX_ERR msg=audit(1122574921.986:5): SELinux:  unrecognized
netlink message type=1009 for sclass=49

[medieval at chaucer ~]$ audit2allow -d
allow hwclock_t self:netlink_audit_socket create;

Bob

--
Bobby Kashani
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome