Selinux Apache avc denied

Alain Reguera Delgado al4in at jagua.cfg.sld.cu
Sat Jul 30 03:32:01 UTC 2005

Hi, this is my first message. I am completely new in SELinux.

I can't make my web application able to send emails. Selinux blocks it
and return to me an avc denied in /var/log/messages.

---
Jul 27 15:41:38 hostname kernel: audit(1122493298.486:0): avc:  denied
{ execute } for  pid=4011 comm=httpd name=bash dev=hda5 ino=844138
scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t tcontext=system_u:object_r:shell_exec_t
tclass=file
---

Have you some comments about?

I've been reading the faqs and redhat's manual, but it turns confuse to
me. I continue reading and write to you, hoping you light my selinux's
way, and help me to work in the first steps understanding the
technology.

I've been stopped the web development. I feel selinux is a brilliant
technology I'd like to implement in my webserver.

Thanks for your reading time...\:)>
-- alain