fc4 samba errors { read write } { search } { remove_name } - second part

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 20 23:42:43 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 12:12 -0700, lastic miles wrote:
> --- Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> > Add nscd_client_domain to the daemon_domain call for
> > smbd
>
> What does that mean?

nscd caches passwords and dns lookups, and similar things -
it's part of libc. It seems like samba is trying to access
the nscd cache, and is failing. By adding the attribute
"nscd_client_domain" to the proper macro call in the policy,
it will make it work.

I realize that you possibly do not know how to do this
yourself, but my email was addressed to the list
with the purpose that Dan Walsh (the policy maintainer)
may see and fix it.

The other things which you posted are less clear, since
they have to do with samba writing to the terminal,
and samba erasing its logs. It may be the case that
we should not allow those things.

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University