selinux and ASP for Linux

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 13:51:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 13:09 -0600, Jason Dravet wrote:

> Is there any good documentation for selinux that I can read to try to figure
> how to fix the above?  Something that can explain what the messages mean.

2.8.1. Understanding an avc: denied Message

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/selinux-guide/rhlcommon-section-0055.html#RHLCOMMON-SECTION-0078

If you get to the point where you need to write some local policy to get
things working, you might find this chapter helpful:

8. Customizing and Writing Policy

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/selinux-guide/selg-chapter-0071.html

- Karsten
               IT executives rate Red Hat #1 for value