[newbie] setenforce 1 breaks ~user

Peter George peter at netresources.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 18:18:12 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded to FC3 +  Apache 2.0. from RH7.3 + Apache 1.3. Currently running ext3 filesystem.

/home/*/public_html/ files do not have SELinux extended attributes therefore I cannot change the security context on files.

I cannot see www.domain/~user with # /usr/sbin/setenforce 1 it has to be /usr/sbin/setenforce 0

I know I can force file lelabelling to include extended attributes (forgotten the url with the helpful command just now) with a reboot, and then follow the '# chcon' directives at
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/sn-user-homedir.html

i.e.

# chcon -Rt httpd_sys_content_t /home/*/public_html/
# /usr/sbin/setenforce 1

Any web references or advice appreciated.

Peter George CIW CI
Training Manager
Net Resources Ltd
26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, EH12 5AL
T: 0131 477 7127  F: 0131 477 7126
http://www.netresources.co.uk