[newbie] setenforce 1 breaks ~user

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 18:34:19 UTC 2005

I think I understand your problem to be that the home directories are
just left over from the old system and have absolutely no context.  If
so you should be able to run

restorecon -R -v /home

to have everything under /home labeled correctly.  I believe anything
in /home/[^/]+/public_html will get labeled with
system_u:object_r:httpd_user_content_t which should work.

If you want to relabel the whole system run
touch /.autorelabel
reboot