[newbie] YUM hangs, can't update without reboot with selinux=0

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 14:52:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 09:31 -0500, John Johnson wrote:

> When I run YUM, it runs briefly, then just sits there. Even when I do
> 'setenforce 0'. If I reboot with selinux=0 and the command line, it
> works. I can't find any complaints in any logs (tips on this
> appreciated too). Is there a way to allow updates without two complete
> shutdowns plus a file fix?

And if you do a 'touch /.autorelabel; reboot' and do *not* pass
selinux=0, then yum hangs again?

My suspicion is that you had some other random problem such as a lack of
disk space or stale lock file or something, and the time you rebooted
with selinux=0 the problem went away for reasons unrelated to SELinux
(such as tmp/lock file cleanup on reboot).