Recent SEL problems on FC3 box - named & dhcpd

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue Mar 22 16:10:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 16:11 +0000, Ruth Ivimey-Cook wrote:
> It is a fresh install of FC3, installed with targetted as default policy. I.e.
> I have changed nothing since the install (except updating rpms with "yum".

Did you preserve any existing filesystems from a prior install of Fedora
Core?  If so, then they wouldn't get labeled automatically.

> Is there some doc on what relabelling means?

Assigning security contexts (labels) to the files, stored as extended
attributes of the inode.

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/
http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/papers/policy2/t1.html

--