selinux with gosa

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 12:56:55 UTC 2005

Farkas Levente wrote:

> hi,
> is anyone try to use gosa with selinux?
> since gosa try to write into /var/spool/gosa directory which has
> var_spool_t type and by default it can write into this directory. what
> is the prefered why to enable write for gosa into this directory?
> should i simple change /var/spool/gosa to httpd_sys_script_rw_t? it's
> working but i don't know what is the right solution.
> another question how can i add this attrib to the gosa rpm for
> /var/spool/gosa?
> yours.

Yes that is a good solution.

chcon -R -t httpd_sys_script_rw_t /var/spool/gosa

If you are using rawhide you can just add

/var/spool/gosa(/.*)?     system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_script_rw_t
to /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.local

And then RPM will pick it up on install.  We have not back ported this
to FC3/RHEL4 yet.

Dan