Everything got broken. selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.90

Omri Schwarz ocschwar at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 30 16:53:04 UTC 2005

> On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 11:25 -0500, Omri Schwarz wrote:
> > drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:home_root_t    etc
>
> Still wrong.  I take it that you have locally customized your policy
> sources?  Combined with the old genhomedircon and the fact that certain

Negative. At the very minimum, I have not intentionally
customized the policy sources, although I wonder whether the
Redhat Package Manager has in effect done that for me.

> users like news have home directories under /etc in /etc/passwd, this
> could be the problem.

# grep etc /etc/passwd