Everything got broken. selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.90

Omri Schwarz ocschwar at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 30 17:15:54 UTC 2005

> Omri Schwarz wrote:
>
> >>On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 11:25 -0500, Omri Schwarz wrote:
> >>

> ># /sbin/fixfiles restore
> >/usr/sbin/setfiles:  conflicting specifications for /etc/services and /var/spool/postfix/etc/services, using system_u:object_r:etc_t.
> >(dum dee dum).
> >
> >Update to follow come next reboot.
> >
> >--
> >

> For now hand edit your
> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts file and remove the
> records
> about /etc and home_roots.
> And then restorecon -R -v /etc

That worked. There were three lines in the homedir area
asking for this.

There were also lines for every NFS share available to this host,
marking the shares as system_u:object_r:home_root_t. These shares
are mounted by way of autofs. Should I add something to the
auto.master file to make for an appropriate context?

> What is UID_MIN set to in /etc/login.defs?

500. Is there any reason besides useradd and selinux to care
about this setting?

Many thanks!