Odd boolean in /etc/selinux/strict/booleans?

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 31 12:23:01 UTC 2005

> How come it's disable_games in strict/booleans, but disable_games_trans in the
> policy?

disable_games_trans is correct, the file's probably out of date.

How come some of those booleans are set to 0 by default - doesn't
that match the selinux policy? Is the booleans file supposed to
override the src defaults? If so, shouldn't there be only 1s in that
file (since the src defaults are all 0)?

Also, the securitylevel app marks things "Changed" every time I toggle
them. It seems like it would be better if it marked thigs back to
"Unchanged" when I toggled them back, to prevent it from writing out
every random thing I toggle into booleans.local, whether or not I change
it back to where it was.

Also, my old booleans file went to booleans.rpmsave. Does that mean that
my booleans will be reset upon reboot? If so, should the %post script do
something about that to address upgrade path from FC3->FC4?

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University