Is there a SELinux tutorial for ISVs ?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon May 9 19:38:43 UTC 2005

On Mon, 09 May 2005 17:25:53 BST, Mike Hearn said:
> Hmm, so if I understand correctly then it's actually very possible that
> updates/new distro versions will be shipped that deny things that were
> previously allowed by default, as long as there is a boolean to switch
> them off?
>
> That sounds like by default every time you upgrade, programs might
> break. There must be a better way to deal with this.

Hey.  At least we're giving them a boolean.  There's lots of stuff that
gets ripped out and breaks stuff (see Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
for what's currently on the chopping block.

Try installing a recent RedHat system without udev - that requires more work
than just a boolean to work around. ;)