need advice

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Thu May 19 14:21:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 08:37 +0200, pi wrote:

> I have a few users on /home/ on hda and a few on /home2/ wich resides
> on hdb.
> i have httpd serving webpages without problem from
> (hda) /home/~/public_html but when adding users to home2/~/public_html
> on hdb, webpages doesnt work. Can this be caused by selnux? I ran the
> selinux-commands without succes, and i have done what´s expected from
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/index.html#id2825658

What avc messages do you see?  Look in /var/log/messages.

Things to check:

1) That /home2 is labeled with the home_root_t type:
   chcon -h -t home_root_t /home2/
2) User home directories in /home2 are labeled with user_home_dir_t:
   chcon -h -t user_home_dir_t /home2/USER
3) User web content is labeled with httpd_user_content_t:
   chcon -R -h -t httpd_user_content_t /home2/USER/public_html
4) The SELinux "httpd_enable_homedirs" boolean is active:
   setsebool -P httpd_enable_homedirs=true