php+mysql under httpd in fc3

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon May 23 16:40:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 13:34:20 +0300, Stanislav Malyshev said:
> I run FC3 with targeted policies (default install). I have a problem
> running connecting to mysql server from php under apache - the problem is
> that httpd/php is denied write access to mysql.sock, something like this:

FC3 didn't do this sort of thing very well - FC4's targeted will handle mysql
a lot better AFAIK...

FC4 is likely about to escape.  If you're not willing to wait, you might want
to see if installing  selinux-policy-targeted 1.23.14-2 from the -devel tree
works better.  (Anybody know what other things he (libsepol, policycoreutils,
etc) he'll need, or can he just 'rpm -Fvh' that one, and let rpm tell him what
he needs?)