applying SELinux policy for httpd

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 10:15:29 UTC 2005

I'd also like to mention again that the new FC4 policy of only applying
SELinux policy if httpd is started from the init script is confusing the
hell out of people.  It breaks the principle of least astonishment.  I'd
much rather live with the fact that SELinux policy is *always* applied,
and the fallout from that, than see this confusion of people hitting
SELinux policy issues, get confused, restart httpd, see them disappear,
etc.

I'd really like to see this change reverted for FC5.

joe