applying SELinux policy for httpd

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 14:08:32 UTC 2005

Joe Orton wrote:
> I'd also like to mention again that the new FC4 policy of only applying
> SELinux policy if httpd is started from the init script is confusing the
> hell out of people.  It breaks the principle of least astonishment.  I'd
> much rather live with the fact that SELinux policy is *always* applied,
> and the fallout from that, than see this confusion of people hitting
> SELinux policy issues, get confused, restart httpd, see them disappear,
> etc.

We can revert it back.  The problem this is trying to solve is the
terminal problem.  IE a user goes out and runs
a cgi script and he gets no output.  This is very confusing to the
user.  What I can change is to transition httpd_exec_t from
unconfined_t to httpd_t, but not the cgi scripts.  Would that work for you?