applying SELinux policy for httpd

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 14:22:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:12:24AM -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 14:10 +0000, Joe Orton wrote:

> > > Previously discussed in this thread:
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112089638800001&r=1&w=2
> >
> > The argument above still stands after the change to make apachectl
> > behave like the init script.  People are still getting confused by the
> > fact that Apache behaves differently if started via /usr/sbin/httpd.
>
> That's fine, but they then need to know to use runcon or to enable
> httpd_tty_com if they want to run httpd -t and see the output on their
> tty.

It's a trade-off and this is the more acceptable option to me.
Consistently different is better than inconsistently different. (but I
would really also prefer that httpd_tty_comm was active by default to
avoid that issue as well)

> Likewise for cgis, unless they are handled differently.

What's the problem for CGI scripts, I'm not sure what you're referring
to here?

Regards,

joe