[patch] CUPS 1.2 SELinux policy changes...

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Nov 21 17:57:50 UTC 2005

Chad Hanson wrote:
> I am positive there are customer requirements for this. The example could be
> multiple classified networks, instead of unclass/class as well. This can
> provide printer reduction in these cases with a multilevel print server.

Again, in my experience (having managed many DoD and other gov't
contracts), this type of configuration just isn't allowed.  There
is typically a single "system high" classification level and all
print jobs are labeled as such.  Users must then mark each page in
a document with a lower classification by hand.  The CUPS classified
printing support is actually modeled on specific DoD requirements...