strict policy problem

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 4 03:16:56 UTC 2005

Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 01:46 -0400, Richard Hally wrote:
>
>>would someone please fix the problem with firefox and thunderbird not
>>starting when using the latest strict
>>policy(selinux-policy-strict-1.27.1-11)?  Below are the AVC messages
>>from audit.log when trying to start them
>

> You should always bugzilla such issues so that they can be tracked
> properly...

Perhaps someone who understands the problem and possibly the solution
and which package to file against could help us out here?

BTW, the other part of the problem is possibly related to the "devel's
mcs breaks prelink and FC4 compat" thread.
When I do 'touch /.autorelabel' and reboot, Firefox and Thunderbird will
start. If I then do another reboot without the autorelabel they will
then not start.

Just speculating here but it seems that something is being kept in
memory from relabeling that allows these apps to start but is not there
when doing an ordinary boot. But that is just speculation. Is it FF and
T'bird or is it SELinux?

Also, this problem has been occurring with Firefox for several months
but has only started occurring with T'bird in the last week or so. These
are the only two apps I have tried on my strict/MCS test box.

Richard Hally