strict policy problem

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 4 21:04:51 UTC 2005

Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 23:16 -0400, Richard Hally wrote:
>
>>Perhaps someone who understands the problem and possibly the solution
>>and which package to file against could help us out here?
>

> I'd file it against firefox, as that owns the .so files that are
> triggering these denials.  Someone needs to look at the build process
> and code for those .so files to determine why they presently require
> text relocations and how to fix them.

Perhaps it would be appropriate to reevaluate the implementation
strategy for this particular "feature" of SELinux.

If there is no coherent, concise, convincing explanation provided to the
people who need to make changes to their software to conform to the
requirements of this "feature" then there isn't much hope of them doing
what is required. Since this "feature" was implemented many months ago
and these problems are still appearing please consider filing bugs with
the appropriate explanation so that the appropriate people can make the
required changes.

Thanks,
Richard Hally