Rotate audit log?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Oct 24 16:12:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Steve G wrote:

>> Is there a reason not to include /var/log/audit/audit.log in the logrotate
>> regime?
>
> Yes, CAPP has requirements that all audit failures be handled appropriately.
> This includes an error rotating logs. The audit daemon handles its own log
> rotation.
>
> Hope this helps...

Thanks.  The only thing it didn't explain is why I never see rotated audit
logs.  Since installing FC4, I've only ever seen a single audit.log, now
up to almost 8MB.

I was going to ask if there is config setting someplace, but I found it
and I see that it rotates at 8MB.  My confusion was that it never seemed
to get rotated with the other logs.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences