AWStats

Steven Stromer filter at stevenstromer.com
Wed Oct 26 21:10:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I brought up a problem I was having with SELinux and
AWStats. I am hoping that someone may be able to help. From my original
post:

> There exists an option in
> the web reporting pages called 'Update Now'. It allows you to update
> reports from the web server's logs without performing the log parsing
> from the command line. You must change the directive
> 'AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser' from 0 to 1 in your awstats .conf file
> to activate this practical feature. However, I have understand that the
> web-based update process needs access to the system's httpd access_log
> file (usually in /var/log/httpd). I have changed permissions on this
> file to httpd_sys_script_ra_t, but it was not sufficient to make the
> update feature work.

Also, the awstats.pl file has permissions:
-rwxr-xr-x root root system_u:object_r:htpd_sys_script_exec_t awstats.pl

I can generate reports from the command line with no problem, but the
web based tool returns an error saying that I do not have proper
permissions.

I found one reference to another user having the same problem. The
posting is minimal, but implies that 'touch /.autorelabel && shutdown -r
now' fixed the problem. I basically understand what this command is
intended to do, but I am concerned that executing it might do more
damage to files that I've chcon'ed in the past, than it will fix.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Please help!

Steven Stromer