MCS

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 14:38:30 UTC 2005

Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> OK, I am starting to work with MCS.
>
> First I added some categories to setrans.conf:
> s0:c1=moonbeam
> s0:c2=test2
> s0:c3=test3
>

> Then I added a user to seusers:
> gc:user_r:s0:c0.c15
>
> Then I logged into that user.
>
> All new (written to?) files get created with s0:c0.c15 like:
> -rw-r--r--  gc       gc       user_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0:c0.c15
> bookmarks1.html

You want to specify
gc:user_u:s0-s0:c0.c15

This sets up user gc to be an SELinux user  user_u with a range of
Categories from s0-s0:c0.c15.  By default he will login with level s0
and all files will be created as s0.  If you want to create a file under
a different category you can use chcon or chcat to create it.