Simulating a hacker attack

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Sep 30 04:16:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:44:35 EDT, Daniel J Walsh said:

> These are only used when httpd_tty_comm is set, It is off by default.
> httpd_tty_comm is only required if you
> are using public keys that require a password to unlock.  So when apache
> starts it prompts the admin for a password
> to unlock its certificates.

Oh, OK.. that's a good reason to add it. :)  I got the impression it got
added to get Pedro's stuff working, and my first thought was "This was
what SELinux was designed to *stop*" :)

(Actually, the amount of difficulty that Pedro is having is a very good
sign - it means that we did things right. :)