Latest rawhide: lots of 'type' errors. No graphical login

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:53:10 UTC 2005

On 9/13/05, Stephen Smalley <sds at tycho.nsa.gov> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 11:19 -0700, Tom London wrote:
> > Will backing out the latest libselinux fix?  (the only way I could get
> > 'up and running' was to boot with 'selinux=0').
>
> It should.  I booted single-user with enforcing=0 and then installed the
> upstream libselinux 1.26 from our cvs, and it worked fine.  Fedora CVS
> tree has a patch that affects getting the policy type (which seems to be
> broken, as it always returning targeted even when /etc/selinux/config
> says strict) and that calls the new libsetrans (which is likely breaking
> the context validation).

I did 'rpm -Uvh --oldpackage libselinux*-1.25.7-1*' and rebooted.

This appears to 'repair': all appears healthy.

Two comments:
   1. During reboot, system detected  need to relabel 'automagically'.
 Relabel completed smoothly and system booted normally.
   2. This is the first relabel I have had to do in many, many, many
months. Allow me to present well deserved kudos to the Selinux/FC
team.

Notably impressed,
   tom
--