Support for the NX client

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Thu Apr 13 08:10:25 UTC 2006

Hi all,

To have the (proprietary) NX client from http://nomachine.com work on FC5
with SELinux on, I had to run "setsebool allow_execmod 1"
Then the NX client works, and I turn it back off afterwards. It works, but
there should be a better way

The lib causing the problem is /usr/NX/lib/libXcomp.so.1, and I found today
in the wiki a possible cleaner way to do it. From:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ/ProposedAdditions#head-fe3507917e40f867c7ebd26c75c18364ab40b708

I should be able to run "chcon -t testrel_shlib_t /usr/NX/lib/libXcomp.so.1"
and make it work. Except this commands gives me :

chcon: failed to change context of /usr/NX/lib/libXcomp.so.1 to
system_u:object_r:testrel_shlib_t: Invalid argument

Is this type not valid on FC5 ? Which leads me to: how can I list the
available types on the system ?

Thanks

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
"Backups are for wimps. Real men upload their work to an ftp server
and have everybody mirror it." -- Linus Torvalds